I got tagged by Michelle Harris (and Doug). How someone can have a blog called BASE and get tagged (twice) is beyond me. She has basically shoved me into the Hot Seat, so here goes…
Here are the rules. 1)Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. (2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. (4) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I had a sleep disorder, and had to have surgery. They did a uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (they removed that fling-flangy thing in the back of my throat). So now my throat is wide open and most of the time I sleep like a baby. It literally changed my life.
2. I taught in inner city St. Louis for 5 years. During that time I broke up more fights than any girl my size should have to. I once got dragged up two flights of stairs while I hung on to a boy’s foot. I refused to let go because I was not going to let him win. (I think he won anyway.)
3. I used to race vintage dirt bikes and won the women’s championship one year. I also had a street bike for a while. When I took my motorcycle class I got claustrophobic with the helmet on and fainted. The bike and I just tipped over while it was running. And I still got my license — doesn’t say a lot for the Illinois DMV does it?
4. When Denipipe was a puppy she was riding in the car with my mother and I. I could tell that she needed to go to the bathroom (Deni not my mother). I was trying to find a place to pull over so I put my hand behind her butt to kind-of signal her to wait. Apparently she read that signal as go ahead and poop. She pooped right in my hand. My mom laughed and said, “Welcome to motherhood.”
5. When I was in second grade I started participating in pageants. I was queen of the Cinderella Girl pageant and went to state. I also got to do some mannequin modeling during this time. As you can all tell the froo-froo dresses didn’t last long. I’m in the pink and those other girls are my cousins.
6. I was kind-of a brat when I was little. Hard to imagine I’m sure, but it’s true. One day I wanted my mom to pay attention to me while she was on the phone. When she failed to pay attention to me like I wanted, I took the letter opener and sliced the back of our recliner, many, many times. My dad came home and my mom was sitting in the floor crying. (This was before cell phones). A similar thing happened to my sister-in-law, she called my brother and told him to come home and say “bye” to his son.
7. When I was in 2nd grade I wanted to wear my new Pink Panther shirt for school pictures. My mom said that I couldn’t wear it. I thought I would be sneaky and wear it underneath another shirt. Needless to say when I got my pictures back I got in trouble. But isn’t this picture worth all the trouble I got into ….
8. I had a surprise B-day party at the McDonald’s caboose. My brother kept telling me he was going to a friend’s party there. I begged him to just let me come inside to see what it looked like. When I walked in “Surprise!” It was the best birthday ever. Here I am in the “special red birthday person’s hat” striking a pose.
And one additional pic at Rex’s request.
I ran across this one a while back and we immediately decided that it should be titled “Fearfully and Wonderfully Made”. All the worries of the world had not entered my mind and I had that carefree spirit that only a child can know. All I wanted in life was for mom to quit taking pictures and let me climb that tree right behind me. My world was perfect – just like God intended.
I appreciate everyone’s participation in this blog. It has been fun. I still have quite a few people to put in the Hot Seat, but may do some other stuff in between. Thanks for playing with me on BASE.
I tag: Sherry, Sarah, Lisa, Kim, and Theresa. (I don’t know 8 people that haven’t been picked recently … so I’m going to cheat and only pick 5.)